Originally part of a complex called Gyoganji, Kodo was founded in 1005 and is the 19th temple on the Saigoku Kannon pilgrimage.
Kodoji Temple's hondo.
Kodoji Temple is on Teramachi-dori, near the Imperial Palace.
Kodoji Temple is the only one on the pilgrimage run by nuns.
Shrine to Kamo Daimyojin, tutelary deity of the Kamo clan.
Rock with engraving of Kannon.