Originating in 1646 as a dwelling for the priest Dokushoshoen, Jikishi-an was turned into a Jodo sect convent after the Meiji Restoration and became a place for distressed women to practise Zen meditation.
Statue of Kannon in front of a bamboo forest.
The temple contains an image of Shaka Nyorai that has been designated a national treasure. It is located a short walk north of Daikaku-ji in the Saga area of Kyoto.
Statues of tanuki.
Front gate leading to the garden.